Current Job Openings:
POSITION TITLE: Resident Instructor of Dance
REPORTS TO: Director of Academy
FULL-TIME POSITION: Full-Time; 34-week Academy school year, 6-week Summer Intensive
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
Ballet Austin is a 59-year old nonprofit organization that is home to one of the largest professional contemporary ballet companies and classical ballet academies in the United States. Led by Executive Director Cookie Ruiz and Artistic Director Stephen Mills, Ballet Austin operates as a 501(c)3, consisting of a professional ballet company, apprentice company, trainee program, ballet academy and community dance and fitness center that offers a variety of dance and conditioning classes to the general public.
The Resident Instructor of Dance will teach ballet technique and related styles (pointe, variations, partnering) to Ballet Austin Academy Lower and Upper School students at the beginning, intermediate and advanced levels; the position also maintains a commitment to teaching the core curriculum and syllabus prescribed by Ballet Austin artistic staff (influenced by the teaching of Truman Finney and Marcia Dale Weary).
The successful candidate will demonstrate ballet as a first language, work well in a collaborative work environment, be committed to a cohesive approach to training, and exhibit a breadth of understanding of newer disciplines in addition to classical ballet.
- Teach in the Academy as determined by the Academy Director
- Teach in the Summer Intensive Program as determined by the Academy Director
- Participate in ongoing teacher training and professional development as determined by the Curriculum Director
- Participate in student evaluations as determined by the Academy Director
- Participate in student rehearsals/performances as determined by the Academy Director
- Evidence of excellence in ballet technique
- Demonstrated experience in pedagogy in a variety of teaching methods
- Evidence of professional career as an instructor and/or substantial professional teaching experience
PREFERRED START DATE: On or before September of 2016
TO APPLY: Please send letter of application and resume, three current letters of recommendation and list of references to:
501 W. 3rd Street
Austin, TX 78701
Review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Ballet Austin is committed to enhancing the diversity of our student body, faculty and staff. Hiring and other employment-related decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance and other employment-related criteria. It is the policy of Ballet Austin to provide equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.