Ballet Austin Academy
Endowed in part by Sarah & Ernest Butler through the Ballet Austin Foundation.
Lower School (ages 8-12)
Formal ballet training begins in the Lower School, a rigorous and comprehensive program of the highest caliber.
The Lower School syllabus progresses at a rate that allows the student to learn the exercises correctly and with full physicality. Repetition and slow careful work is emphasized, with the students learning discipline and control of their bodies.
Lower School students are required to attend all scheduled classes for their level and progress to the next level when they have mastered the material and physical understanding of the syllabus in their current level. Students receive a written progress report at the end of each school year.
There are many benefits to training at Ballet Austin Academy, for both the student and family.
- Live accompaniment is provided for all Lower School classes.
- Level 1 students and parents have the opportunity for an exclusive backstage tour of The Nutcracker during production week at The Long Center.
- Level 2 and 3 students are eligible to audition for The Nutcracker. Academy Student auditions for Lower School Levels 2 and 3 will be held on September 19, 2015
- At the end of the year, Lower School students participate in the Academy Spring Presentation.
- All Academy students train in the same state-of-the-art facilityas Ballet Austin’s professional dancers and often are able to view rehearsals of upcoming performances.
- A select group of Ballet Austin Company Dancers are also instructors in the Lower School.
Other benefits include:
The 2015/16 Dress Code requirements.
- 20% discount on single tickets to Ballet Austin performances at The Long Center, including The Nutcracker.
- Discounts to Butler Center for Dance & Fitness classes and workshops for parents.
- Be Well Talks specifically designed for Academy parents and students.
- The opportunity to learn more about Ballet Austin through a guided tour of our facility offered exclusively to Academy families in the fall and spring.
- FREE or reduced rate parking, on-site or nearby
(The 2015/16 school year begins September 8, 2015)
For class and registration information, please contact Tonie Torres at the Academy Registrar.
Phone - 512-501-8703
Email - email@example.com
Photography this page by Travis Tank