Policies and Procedures
Before registering, please
read all policies and procedures
(The 2013/14 school year begins August 26, 2013)
Annual Tuition is for the entire 34-week school year and is not a monthly tuition
Tuition Payment Plans
- Tuition may be paid in full at the time of registration, or may be set up to charge/draft installments automatically through the school year.
- Installments will be prorated accordingly for registering during the school year.
- Enrollment is open to new students through February 1 as long as space is available in a class.
- Late Fee - $15.00
- Returned Check or ACH Direct Payment Fee - $15.00
- Automatic Credit/Debit Declines Fee - $5.00
- Withdrawal Fee - $30.00
How to make a tuition payment
Please Note: Ballet Austin accepts one of two payment options for paying Academy tuition.
- Tuition may be paid in full at the time of registration - may be paid by check, credit/debit, or cash to secure a place when registering.
- Pay 1st installment at the time of registration. Set up automatic payment plan for remainder of balance due.
- Payment Plans are set up on Automatic Charge/Draft in order to pay out the tuition throughout the school year.
Automatic Payment Plans include the following choices:
- ACH DIRECT PAYMENT – BANK DRAFT
- AUTOMATIC CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENT
- Sibling Discount (Discount amount – 10%):
- Eligibility: Two or more siblings are enrolled and paying for the school year.
- If a sibling withdraws early, discount will be forfeited for the remaining enrolled student.
- May not be applied in conjunction with any other discount.
- Season Ticket Holder Discount (Discount amount – 10%)
- One or more adults and one or more Academy students must be Season Ticket Holders.
- Only students registered in Creative Ballet Level 1 through Lower School Level 3 are eligible.
- Season tickets must be purchased on or before October 5, 2013.
- Schools Office must be notified of purchase by the parent or guardian purchasing the season ticket on or before October 5, 2013.
- May not be applied in conjunction with any other discount.
- Ballet Austin Box Office 512.476.2163
Withdrawal notification must be submitted in writing (or email) and received by the Academy Office two weeks prior to the withdrawal date.
- Once a written notice of withdrawal is received in the Registrar's Office, the annual tuition will be prorated accordingly and the $30.00 withdrawal fee will be charged to the account.
- There will be no refunds or prorates if withdrawing after March 31 of each year.
Schedule Change Policy
Class Change Requests must be submitted in writing to the Academy Registrar's Office before a student can move to another class.
Not all class change requests may be accomodated.
General Studio Protocol
- The Dress code is specific for each level. To download and print Academy uniform requirements CLICK HERE.
- Students are expected to behave respectfully and courteously at all times.
- Photography/Videography by patrons in the Butler Dance Education Center is prohibited.
- Students must wear street shoes and cover up clothing before leaving the building.
- Creative Ballet, Pre-Ballet, and Lower School students should not enter a classroom until the teacher is present.
- Upper School Students may stretch in the studio before their class begins if there is not another class in the studio.
- Parents are asked to remain outside the studio.
- Chewing gum, food and drinks (except water in closed containers) are not allowed in the studio or dressing rooms.
- Toe tape, Band-Aids, containers, wrappers, etc. must be disposed of in trash cans.
- Students are not permitted to sit at or play the pianos.
- Ballet Austin is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. Labeling personal items with the student’s name is recommended.
- There is a lost and found bin located in the study area next to the upstairs lounge for missing items. At the end of the month, items that have not been retrieved will be discarded or donated to charity.
- Attendance will be taken in each Academy class.
- Students must arrive prepared, properly dressed, and on time for all scheduled classes.
- Students enrolled in the Lower and Upper School may be asked to sit and watch class if arriving more than 10 minutes late.
- If a student misses a class for any reason, his/herparent or guardian must call (512.501.8703) or email the Academy Registrar to report the absence.
- All Students may make up missed classes by attending another class at or below their current level of study.
- Upper School students are required to make up missed classes whenever possible.
Illness or Injury
- Students who are ill (infectious) should not come to class.
- Extended illness requires a note when returning to class.
- Injured dancers are encouraged to come observe class so they are familiar with the curriculum and combinations being taught when they return to class.
Holidays, Closings and Inclement Weather
- One Watch Week is scheduled each fall and spring. Watch Weeks allow you the opportunity to experience the hard work and dedication that your child demonstrates in his or her studies at Ballet Austin Academy.
- A FEW REMINDERS:
- Please keep noise and/or distraction to a minimum.
- This includes:
- Managing the behavior of siblings during class
- Keeping cell phones on silent mode during class
- Arriving on time for class
- Staying in the studio for the duration of class
- Photography and/or videography are not allowed during watch week classes.
- Creative Ballet through Level 4B classes will end a few minutes early to provide time for parents to photograph and/or videotape their child in the studio.
Holidays & Closings
- Since Ballet Austin Academy students come from many different school districts, the Academy does not follow the holiday/closing calendar of any particular school district.
- Holidays and closings are listed on the Academy Calendar.
- There may be unforeseen circumstances that require Ballet Austin Academy to cancel or change a class. Students will be given advance notice whenever possible. Refunds are not given for classes not held, but the Class Make-up Policy will apply.
Year-end Presentations and Performances
- Ballet Austin does not follow the school closing decision of any particular school district.
- Decisions to cancel classes due to inclement weather will be made on a case-by-case basis by the Directors of Ballet Austin.
- Weather can vary greatly from one area to another. If classes are not canceled, but threatening weather conditions in your area make it unsafe for you to drive to Ballet Austin, please use your discretion and stay home. You may make up any missed class during the remainder of the school year.
- Whenever possible, announcements regarding delays or closings due to inclement weather will be posted on the Academy website. However, we cannot guarantee that the website will reflect the latest information.
- Weather updates will be available by calling 512.476.9051 ext. 126
- If classes are not held due to inclement weather students may make up any of those classes during the remainder of the school year at any time that is convenient in the same level or a level lower.
- Year-End Presentations and Performances are scheduled in May and allow another opportunity for parents to view their child’s progress.
- A FEW REMINDERS:
- Photography/Videography (no flash please) will be allowed during in-studio Creative Ballet and Pre-Ballet Level 1 Presentations.
- Photography/Videography (no flash please) will be allowed during Pre-Ballet Levels 2 and 3 through Lower School Year-end Presentations held in the AustinVentures StudioTheater.
- Upper School Performances will be recorded and DVD’s will be made available for sale. No photography/videography will be allowed.
Please read carefully. This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights. A current release is required for enrollment into the Academy.
As the enrolled participant and/or the parent/guardian of the enrolled participant, I agree and understand that dance/fitness training is a potentially hazardous activity. I recognize that there are risks inherent in dance training including but not limited to serious physical injury. The participant hereby agrees to participate in activities of the Ballet Austin Academy and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Ballet Austin, its instructors, officers, directors, agents and employees against any liability resulting from any injury that may occur to the participant while participating in activities of the Ballet Austin Academy. The participant also agrees to indemnify Ballet Austin for any damages incurred arising from any claims, demand, action or course of action by the participant.
The enrolled participant authorizes any representative of Ballet Austin to have the participant treated in any medical emergency during their participation in activities of the Ballet Austin Academy. Further, the participant and/or parent/guardian agrees to pay all costs associated with medical care and transportation for the participant.
Any special medical/health problems of which the staff should be aware will be submitted to the Schools Office before participation begins.
Please read carefully. A current release is required for enrollement into the Academy.
As the enrolled participant and/or the parent/guardian of the enrolled participant, I authorize Ballet Austin, Inc. and/or its representative, agent, or employee to photograph and/or videotape and use any photograph/likeness of me or my minor child for any purpose, including publicity, choreographic archives, promotional materials and/or any other reason deemed appropriate by the School’s Directors.
Ballet Austin Student Inclusion Policy
The Schools of Ballet Austin do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin.