Ballet Austin Academy
Endowed in part by Sarah & Ernest Butler through the Ballet Austin Foundation.
Students placed in the Upper School have shown they have the discipline and determination to commit to a serious ballet program as well as having the required technical ability and physical strength.
Upper School students attend class 8 - 14 hours per week, depending on the level. Progression to the next level is based on the student’s mastery of the vocabulary and the physical understanding of the syllabus in his or her current level. Students receive a written progress report at the end of each school year.
There are many benefits to training at Ballet Austin Academy.
Other benefits include:
- Ballet technique and pointe, with partnering and variations added for Levels 7 and 8, comprise the core curriculum.
- Upper School students participate in conferences with Ballet Austin Academy Artistic Staff once or twice each year.
- Live accompaniment is provided for all Upper School classes.
- Upper School students are eligible to audition for The Nutcracker. Academy Student auditions for will be held on September 19, 2015.
- Levels 5-8 participate in "Opening Night at the Ballet" and receive one complimentary ticket to each opening night performance of Ballet Austin’s season, with the exception of The Nutcracker.
- At the end of the year, Upper School students participate in the Academy Spring Performance.
- All Academy students train in the same state-of-the-art facility as Ballet Austin's professional dancers and often are able to view rehearsals of upcoming performances.
- A select group of Ballet Austin Company Dancers are also instructors in the Upper School.
The 2015/16 Dress Code requirements.
- 20% discount on single tickets to Ballet Austin performances at The Long Center, including The Nutcracker.
- Discounts to Butler Center for Dance & Fitness classes and workshops for parents.
- Be Well Talks specifically designed for Academy parents and students.
- The opportunity to learn more about Ballet Austin through a guided tour of our facility offered exclusively to Academy families in the fall and spring.
- FREE or reduced rate parking, on-site or nearby
(The 2015/16 school year begins September 8, 2015)
For class and registration information, please contact Tonie Torres at the Academy Registrar.
Phone - 512-501-8703
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballet Austin Academy Upper School students interested in receiving a PE waiver from their middle school or high school PE class can find out more about the Off-Campus Physical Education (OCPE) Program.
Upper School Student Volunteer Application
Photography this page by Travis Tank