AustinVentures StudioTheater / Butler Dance Education Center
The Long Center
for The Long
Center, 701 W Riverside Dr
The primary parking structure for patrons of The Long Center is the City of Austin’s Palmer Events Center Garage. It is located behind and to
the left (east) of The Long Center. This structure has two entrances – South Entrance on Barton Springs Road and North Entrance on Riverside Drive. The cost is $8.00 ($10 for special events), collected upon entry into the garage.
Overflow parking is available at The One Texas Center Parking Garage located at the southeast corner of S. 1st Street and Barton Springs Road. This lot has two entrances, west entrance on S. 1st Street and north entrance on Barton Springs Road.
Paid valet parking is available for $18.00 per car. For valet parking drop-off by driving eastbound on Riverside Drive and entering the first drive on your right past the Long Center (please stay in the right hand lane of the Keller Williams Circular Drive).
*Information about Accessible/Handicapped Parking
From Mopac Expy (Loop 1):
- Take the Cesar Chavez Street exit and head west on E Cesar Chavez to Congress Avenue. Turn left on Congress Avenue and then right at the first signal onto Barton Springs. You can then continue on Barton Springs to the South Garage Entry or turn right onto Riverside and go through the South First signal, down and around the round-about to the drop off area and/or the North Garage Entry. (Please see above map)
- Take the Cesar Chavez St exit and head East on Cesar Chavez St to S 1st St. Turn right on S 1st St. Turn right onto Riverside Dr, continue down and around the round-about to the drop off area and/or the North Garage Entry, or continue on S 1st to Barton Springs Rd and take a right at the signal to access the South Garage Entry. (Please see above map)
pull up to
the curb to
drop off at
next to the
On Levels 2,
3 & 4
at the far
you) and go
of Michael &
StudioTheater and Ballet Austin Box Office at the Butler Dance Education Center
The AustinVentures StudioTheater and Ballet Austin's box office are located at the Butler Dance Education Center which is located at 501 W. 3rd Street, in the epicenter of Austin's live music and 2nd Street Districts. Located next door to Austin Music Hall, one block west of the W Hotel and Austin's City Hall, and three blocks south of the excitement of West 6th Street's restaurants and clubs, the lone and quiet warehouse area that became the home of Ballet Austin in 2007 has evolved into a part of Austin that is booming with exciting urban activity.
We love the energy in the 2nd Street District and want you to enjoy all that our neighborhood has to offer, but it also provides a need to consider parking options at certain times of the week. We monitor/work daily to keep the Ballet Austin parking lot available for you as classes turn over throughout the day and to ensure you have access to a variety of parking options.
How to Get to the AustinVentures StudioTheater:
- If you are on Mopac (Loop 1), exit Cesar Chavez Street stay to the right at the fork, and continue east on Cesar Chavez. From Cesar Chavez Street, turn left on San Antonio and proceed to 3rd and San Antonio.
If coming from IH 35 NORTH take the 6th Street exit and proceed
west to San Antonio. Turn left on San Antonio and proceed to 3rd and San
If coming from IH 35 SOUTH take the Cesar Chavez (1st
Current Parking Options for the Butler Dance Education Center:
FREE Parking around the Butler Dance Education Center:
Metered parking in the area:
- There are 23 FREE parking spaces surrounding the Butler Dance Education Center. These spaces are accessed on a first-come first-served basis and turn over frequently throughout the day.
- We ask that you limit your use of the Ballet Austin parking lot to the time/s you are in our building in order to ensure that as many people as possible have access to these spaces.
- Reserved or handicapped spaces require a proper permit. Note: Most of the Ballet Austin staff members (including dancers, faculty, artistic and administrative staff) park off site to ensure that our visitors have as much access to these free spaces as possible.
- The street parking meters around The Butler Dance Education Center allow for 3 hours of parking at the rate of $1.00 per hour. These meters accept credit/debit cards or coins.
City Hall Garage Parking:
City Hall is located 2 blocks east of Ballet Austin. Access the city hall parking garage from Cesar Chavez Street, turn north on Lavaca Street and an immediate left turn into the underground lot on the east side of City Hall.
Additional Parking Garages / Surface Lots in the area:
Follow the signs for Visitor Parking. The City Hall Parking flat rate is $8.00 for the night (Special event rates may apply.)
Garage parking rates, hours and allowed length of stay vary by location. Outside of special events, rates are typically start at $5.
Bikes and Busses:
- AMLI Downtown Garage (entrance on Lavaca Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets)
- AMLI on 2ND Garage (entrance on San Antonio Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets)
- Silicon Labs Garages (open to the public after 3:00pm every day; entrance on San Antonio Street between 2ND & 3RD Streets and Colorado between Cesar Chavez and 2ND Streets)
- State of Texas Garage N 300 San Antonio Street.
- State of Texas Garage L (William P. Hobby Building) 333 Guadalupe Street.
- There are several surface parking lots surrounding Ballet Austin, one as close as San Antonio Street in between 3rd and 4th Streets.
- If you have a bike...we have bike racks directly outside our building at the corners of 3rd and San Antonio Streets and 3rd and Nueces Streets.
- Various Capital Metro bus routes stop conveniently around Ballet Austin. The nearest stop is located at 2nd and San Antonio Streets.