Whether you are new to Pilates or are new to Ballet Austin's Pilates Center, we welcome you!
Ballet Austin's professional staff of certified Pilates instructors are here to help you get the most out of your Pilates experience. It doesn't matter if you are an elite athlete or a couch potato, a professional dancer or someone with two left feet, Pilates can help you feel better, stronger, and more vital.
If you are not new to Pilates but are new to Ballet Austin's Pilates Center:
You may be interested in one of our NEW Client Packages to get started.
For more information about the Pilates Center and appointment rates click here. Or call 512.501.8704.
Are you new to Pilates?
Pilates has been around for almost 100 year when it was created in the 1920s by the physical trainer Joseph Pilates. The Pilates "method," as it is now known, is an exercise system focused on improving flexibility, strength, and body awareness, without necessarily building bulk. Two of the key elements of Pilates are core muscle strength* and spinal alignment.
Check out these interesting facts about Pilates.
If you are new to Pilates, the first step is to become oriented to the reformers and learn how Pilates works. A series of at least 3 private appointments is recommended before booking group or duet appointments.
Our professional staff will focus on your body’s needs. Because exercises can be developed with modifications, an individualized workout program that is safe and challenging can be designed for anyone at any age and level
GET STARTED WITH ONE OF OUR NEW CLIENT PILATES APPOINTMENTS OR PACKAGES
- The Intro to Pilates 5-session Package is designed to offer an introduction to Pilates and provide information and private Pilates training to the Pilates beginner.
$200 Intro to Pilates Package (valued at $250) Includes:
- New Client Mini Intro 3-session Package is a smaller package option designed to offer the same introduction to Pilates and provide information through 3 private Pilates training sessions. This is a great start for the Pilates beginner. After three sessions you will be ready to book group or duet appointments.
$120 Mini Intro to Pilates Package (valued at $150) Includes:
- 3 private 40-minute sessions on the Pilates reformer
- Appointments must be scheduled within 8 weeks after purchase date.
- Beginner level orientation offered at each session to introduce new clients to the Pilates method and machines.
For assistance with your purchase call 512.501.8704.
- Pilates New Client Weekend Package. This package is designed to offer a great deal to get you started with Pilates and book your appointments on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Pilates New Client Weekend Package includes 5 40-minute private apparatus appointments (valued at $250). The Weekend Package also includes one FREE group apparatus appointment (valued at $32).
- The Weekend Package* includes 6 appointments for $200.
That's a deal! Purchase the Weekend Package online today and book your Saturday or Sunday appointments soon. The 6 appointments must be booked within 10 weeks from first scheduled appointment.
*This package applies to Saturday and Sunday Appointments only. Please note: If your appointment is outside of regular business hours you may ring the doorbell at the 3rd St. door (west end of building) and you will be buzzed in by the Pilates instructor.
For assistance with your purchase call 512.501.8704.
SPECIAL PRENATAL PILATES PACKAGES
- The Prenatal Intro to Pilates Package is designed to offer an introduction to Pilates and provide information and private Pilates training to women during pregnancy. To purchase the New Client Prenatal Package click here.
- 5 private 40-minute sessions on the Pilates reformer for $200 (valued at $250)
- Beginner level orientation offered to introduce new clients to the Pilates method and machines.
- Certified and experienced Pilates instructors will guide you through any stage of your pregnancy.
SPECIAL BACK PAIN REHAB PACKAGES
- The Pilates Back Pain Rehab Package is designed to get you on your way to better health as well as relieve pain.
- The Pilate Back Pain Rehab packages are offered in 10, 20, and 30 session packages. Private instruction with a trained and certified Pilates instructor on the classical Pilates reformer will offer you a personalized private 30-minute appointment throughout your series.
- Core strength is important for back pain as it reduces the impact of increased pressure or load through spine and discs. Find out more.
SPECIAL PILATES CHALLENGE PACKAGES
To book a new client appointment after making a purchase:
- Are you looking to fit into that special dress? Check out the packages below (limit of one package per person):
APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION POLICY:
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUIRE THAT YOU PROVIDE AT LEAST 24 HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE FOR CANCELLED APPOINTMENTS. This requirement allows enough time to fill the spot with another client. Thank you for your courtesy, and for allowing us to serve all our clients!
If this cancellation does not occur within our early cancellation window (24 hours), your account will be deducted for the appointment as if you had attended.
If you do not have a current series, your credit/debit card on file will be charged for a single appointment.
To cancel an appointment call 512.501.8704 ext 135 or email Vlada Sheber.
Purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable
MORE ABOUT THE PILATES CENTER
Ballet Austin's Pilates Center Includes:
The Pilates Studio
Individual Sessions and Group Apparatus Classes
A 760 square foot facility, the Pilates Studio is equipped with state-of-the-art Balanced Body™ equipment and staffed by certified instructors. Individual sessions and group apparatus sessions are scheduled by appointment for those new to Pilates and those looking for a more advanced workout. A variety of Pilates workout options including reformers and chairs.
Single appointments and recurring appointment series are available for purchase*.
FOR APPOINTMENT PRICING:
Private individual sessions, duet sessions, trio, or group sessions are available. Pricing is based on the type and length of the appointment you book.
For Pilates Appointment Rates: Click here and choose Pilates Center Appointments in the dropdown menu to view appointment rates and/or make a purchase online.
To download and print a rate sheet click here.
- The Master Instructor private session is a private appointment with the Pilates Program Director and Core Connections certified instructor Vlada Sheber.
- A Private session is one client with individual attention from a certified Pilates instructor.
- A Duet session is an appointment shared by two clients with one certified Pilates instructor.
- NOTE: Clients purchasing and booking Duet appointments must arrange for their own duet partner during an appointment.
- A Group session may be 3 to 7 clients (each on their own reformer) with one certified Pilates instructor.
- A Trio Session is an appointment shared by three clients booking together with an instructor.
- NOTE: Clients purchasing and booking Trio appointments must arrange for their own trio partners during an appointment. If one of the trio clients in unable to attend, the appointment will be booked and paid for as a duet appointment.
- Several Pilates packages are available for purchase.
*Pilates session purchases may not be shared between two clients.
Pilates Apparatus and Studio Classes Pilates reformers use pulleys and resistance from the participants own body weight on the machine, and graduated levels of springs. The instructor works individually with each client on the reformer. Individualized workouts are tailor-made to reach maximum benefits. Dance and fitness classes using Pilates principles and taught by Certified Pilates Instructors are also offered on a drop-in basis.
Pilates Mat Basics is a 4 to 8-week session with a start and end date and a set number of participants in the workshop. Pilates Mat Basics a great way to be introduced to the Pilates method at a very affordable rate.
Enroll in a Pilates Workshop online or call 512.501.8704.
Pilates Pink Ribbon Post Operative Program for Breast Cancer Survivors.
CLICK HERE to find out more about the drop-in classes offered and get started today!
"Pilates changed my life. Pilates Director Vlada Sheber and her experienced staff provide outstanding instruction for the novice (me being the least flexible) and most flexible alike in a comfortable, but challenging, atmosphere. Besides, it is cool to tell your friends that you work out with Ballet Austin's prima ballerinas!" ~ Terry O. Tottenham Of Counsel FULBRIGHT & Jaworski L.L.P
Core strength is the foundation of Pilates. The core muscles are the deep, internal muscles located in the abdomen and the back. When the core muscles are strong and doing their job, which is the goal of Pilates training, they work together with the more superficial muscles of the trunk to support the spine and movement. As you develop core strength you develop strength throughout your entire upper body.
- Overall benefits of Pilates include increased flexibility, leaner muscles, improved posture, improved coordination, and increased strength.
- Pilates workouts can be beneficial in rehabilitation from injury. Pilates is often recommended by physical therapists and doctors.
- Pilates is popular with athletes. Many professional athletes use Pilates as part of their workout routine to strengthen and elongate muscles, align the body and balance muscle inconsistencies.
great place Come Dance. Get Fit! Have Fun!
LOCATION: 501 W. 3rd St. (downtown on the corner of 3rd and San Antonio St)
PARKING: If parking is not available in Ballet Austin's lot, FREE DAYTIME PARKING IS AVAILABLE AT CITY HALL: Ballet Austin validates parking in the parking garage underneath Austin City Hall, 301 W. Second Street. The garage entrance to the City Hall parking garage is located on the East side of the building on Lavaca Street (one way street running North). Enter the garage from the left lane and follow the signs to visitor parking.
For additional parking information CLICK HERE For more information about the Butler Community School, Click Here or call 512.501.8704.
Butler Community School Director
Phone - 512.501.8704 ext. 126
E-mail - Vicki Parsons