Teachers are provided with resources such as Ballet Austin’s The Nutcracker Multi-Media Dance Interactive (featuring video excerpts and images from the performance) and Footnotes (a production-specific performance guide with pre- and post-performance details, activities and discussion points). Click on the images below to view these resources.
Shows for the 2015/16 season take place:
Tues Dec 8, 2015, 10 - 11am (Act I)
Tues Dec 8, 2015, 12 - 1pm (Act II)
Wed Dec 9, 2015, 10 - 11am (Act I)
Wed Dec 9, 2015, 12 - 1pm (Act II)
Thurs Dec 10, 2015, 10 - 11am (Act I)
Thurs Dec 10, 2015, 12 - 1pm (Act II)
- Each group is welcome to attend Act I or Act II, which are each approximately one hour long.
- For those groups wanting to attend both acts of The Nutcracker, we invite you to contact our Box Office at email@example.com or 512.476.2163 for tickets to one of our public shows.
The Long Center for the Performing Arts
701 West Riverside Drive, 78704 (Riverside at S. 1st)
The Long Center Website: Click Here
- $4.00 for one act (minimum group size of 10 elementary-aged students)
Adults (All teachers, administrators and other necessary chaperones)
- 1 free adult chaperone per every 22 students
- Additional necessary chaperones are $20.00 each
- All additional chaperones must be pre-approved through Ballet Austin
- All additional chaperones must accompany the school to and from the theater - they cannot arrive separately
School Shows Timeline:
- Wed Sept 9, 2015 at 10am - Registration opens for 3rd grade classes only
- Wed Sept 16, 2015 - Registration opens for all K-5th grade classes
- Fri Nov 13, 2015 - Registration closes on this date or when all shows are full, whichever occurs first.
- Payment Deadlines
(cash, check, or credit cards are accepted - no purchase orders are accepted)
- Fri Nov 6, 2015 for schools that register between Sept 9 and Oct 16, 2015 – if payment is not postmarked by this date, your spot may go to another school.
- Fri Dec 4, 2015 for all schools – if payment is not postmarked by this date, a $20 late fee per week will be added to your balance due every Monday starting Dec 8, 2014.
- Online Payments accepted here anytime.
- Changes to registrations are due by Fri Nov 13, 2015 – attendance numbers are sent to the theater for seating on this date, so if you submit changes after this date we cannot guarantee that your school will be seated all together. After this date, any changes to registration that result in additional charges must be paid for immediately with the school's credit card.
- Minimum school group size is 10 students in the K-5th grade range. If your student group size is smaller than 10 students, or includes students other than those in K-5th grades, you may purchase tickets to a public performance of The Nutcracker here.
- Registration is first come, first served. When the shows are full we will begin a wait list. If space opens up for your school you will be notified.
- Admission is limited to elementary school students, and priority is given to 3rd grade students in particular. If your students are in middle or high school, your group may be eligible for a group discount to a public performance. Please contact our Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512.476.2163 for more information.
- Individual tickets will not be sold for School Shows. As a courtesy to all schools, Ballet Austin considers schools' requests for additional adults to help chaperone students at these shows. All adults attending The Nutcracker School Shows must be there to help escort students to and from the theatre. These additional adults MUST purchase a ticket through the school, and must be included in the school’s attendance numbers by Nov 13, 2015, in order to be accommodated. Payments for all additional adults must accompany the school’s payment - individual payments are not allowed. Priority will be given to accommodate students over any additional adults.
- No purchase orders will be accepted as payment for The Nutcracker School Shows.
- There are no refunds for The Nutcracker School Shows.
Registration for The Nutcracker School Shows 2015/16 will open in September.
Questions? Contact Pei-San Brown, Community Education Director, at email@example.com or 512.476.9151 ext. 178.